Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Turks and Caicos Family Vaycay

 We are back from a week long, much needed vacation. We spent the week in Providenciales, which is in the Turks and Caicos Islands. We stayed in a cute VRBO with my husband's parents, my brother-in-law, and future sister-in-law. We ended up spending quite a bit of time at the Gansevoort, which as walking distance. If I ever made a trip back to the island I would 100% set up shop there.


 One of my favorite spots was a local beach bar, off the beaten path called Da Conch Shack.









 Another highlight of the trip was a sunset sailboat ride that turned into Spring Break 2013.

 I had to steal most of the pictures from my future sister-in-law. Unfortunately, the last night while we were out to dinner someone came in our vacation rental and stocked up on electronics, including my cell phone, Kindle and camera. I have to say I felt  safe the entire time we were there. Our house was located next to a public beach access and I think we were just unlucky. Thankfully, everyone was alright. I have to admit I am a little bummed they got all of my pictures from the weekend.
RIP DSLR :(

19 comments:

  1. RIP DSLR & Cute camera strap:( You'll just have to go bigger and better and get the Rebel T4i!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok you are making me so jealous with all these pictures. I would be beyond upset if someone stole all my pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your pics and that top!!!

    skyeyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm glad you had a great trip other than that. It looks like such a fun/relaxing place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like a dream vacation I am extremely jealous! what a beautiful place. love your booze cruise dress. i'm so sorry about your stolen goods :( that's awful. atleast you still have pictures through her camera to remember the trip though!
    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bummer! Looks like an incredible trip though, love Turks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad about your camera! It looks like paradise though -- I need to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a bummer about your stuff! I've heard such wonderful things about Turks and it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, that's awful that your camera got swiped!! Didn't you just adore the Turks...it's so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures! But I'm SO sorry about your camera and other electronics! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely trip..:)
    Beautiful pictures..:)

    pet meds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of the vacay fashion! Your scalloped top and your future SIL's shorts! I need those striped shorts! Looks like a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks beautiful! Where did you get your top and dress/coverup?

    ReplyDelete
  14. lorraine! all you Shorts look adorable. that beyond blows about your stuff getting swiped however.

    i'm loving the neutral paint scheme for your exterior. whatever you choose will look amaze. i hope you will be home for a while so you will start blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe they stole all of your stuff. That's the worst. You sound like you handled it better than I would have. I'd have probably had a tantrum. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great post, I am interesting in it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're on my bookmarks and I was scrolling just before we left for the Turks. As we were checking into our villa, I was asking the manager all of these questions about security (having just read your post!) and he said they actually caught the guys! The manager was totally weirded out by the burglary, having lived on the island for 15 years. They knew exactly who the group was who did it. But apparently your robbery was (unfortunately) the talk of the island. Maybe call the police there, maybe they recovered something? We were there the 6-13th, stayed near the marina.

    ReplyDelete